Law Office of Amy Muth, PLLC

As of November 1, 2023, most juveniles will no longer have to register as a sex offender and be eligible to seal their convictions. Law enforcement will start removing eligible people from the registry soon and mailing letters confirming they have been removed. If you receive a letter indicating that you have been removed from the registry, please contact our office for a consultation to determine if you are eligible to seal your offense.

Helping You Protect Your Future

Photo of attorneys Muth, Ciecko, Atwood and Findley around a conference table

CPS Appeals

If you have received a letter from CPS indicating that a “founded” finding was entered in your investigation, you have the right to appeal that finding, typically within 30 days of receiving the letter from CPS. You should receive a form that you can fill out to request the appeal. Your appeal will first be sent to an area administrator to review. Typically, the findings will be upheld at that stage. You then have an additional opportunity to appeal that decision to an administrative law judge. Our office has experience representing people going through the appeals process, and has had success in obtaining dismissals or favorable negotiated results. We also often represent people who are appealing their CPS findings while there is a related criminal case underway. Please contact us for a consultation to determine if we can help you.